What made you seek psychiatric treatment
How effective are psychotherapies?
Clarke K, Mayo-Wilson E, Kenny J, Pilling S. Can non-pharmacological interventions prevent relapse in adults who have recovered from depression? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Psychol Rev 2015; 39: 58-70.
Cuijpers P, Berking M, Andersson G, Quigley L, Kleiboer A, Dobson KS. A meta-analysis of cognitive-behavioral therapy for adult depression, alone and in comparison with other treatments. Can J Psychiatry 2013; 58 (7): 376-385.
German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology (DGPPN). S3 guideline and national care guideline (NVL): Unipolar depression. AWMF register no .: nvl-005. 03.2017.
Farah WH, Alsawas M, Mainou M, Alahdab F, Farah MH, Ahmed AT et al. Non-pharmacological treatment of depression: a systematic review and evidence map. Evid Based Med 2016; 21 (6): 214-221.
Gartlehner G, Gaynes BN, Amick HR, Asher G, Morgan LC, Coker-Schwimmer E et al. Nonpharmacological Versus Pharmacological Treatments for Adult Patients With Major Depressive Disorder. 12.2015. (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews; Volume 161).
Ijaz S, Davies P, Williams CJ, Kessler D, Lewis G, Wiles N. Psychological therapies for treatment-resistant depression in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018; (5): CD010558.
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG). Systemic therapy in adults as a psychotherapy procedure: final report; Order N14-02. May 24, 2017. (IQWiG reports; Volume 513).
Karyotaki E, Smit Y, Cuijpers P, Debauche M, Keyser T, Habraken H et al. The long-term efficacy of psychotherapy, alone or in combination with antidepressants, in the treatment of adult major depression. October 02, 2014. (KCE Reports Good Clinical Practice; Volume 230).
Linde K, Sigterman K, Kriston L, Rücker G, Jamil S, Meissner K et al. Effectiveness of psychological treatments for depressive disorders in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Fam Med 2015; 13 (1): 56-68.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. In our methods, we describe in detail how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- What is a virtual yard sale
- Why is Tylenol so dangerous
- Is quantum overlay truth or an assumption
- How recommendable is ECT these days
- What does Serendipity
- Love can actually die
- There are websites for free tutoring
- How can you say that you are successful
- What are the new restaurants in Bhopal
- Who is Kanye West's father
- How many children does JK Rowling have
- Has anyone cured depression with Ayurvedic medicine?
- What was your first question in life
- What are some examples of distributed computing
- How did you find your own light
- What are brass knuckles used for?
- Were the two children of King Ashoka
- Who had bigger crowds Obama or Hitler
- Has anyone tried online tracking systems before?
- Is the Samsung Galaxy A20 waterproof
- What is the greatest household invention
- Who would win Naruto or Choji
- Why is Cu2 colored
- Northerners are generally welcome in Midland TX