What percentage will be charged upon completion
grade point average
The grade point average provides information on how we did in school. It tells us what average we have in all subjects together and can help us to better assess our own performance. The grade point average can be extremely important, especially for the diploma or the promotion.
In this post we would like to explain how you can calculate the grade point average and what the grade point average can and cannot say about the performance of a student. We would also like to give you some tips on how to calculate individual subjects with a higher weighting in the grade point average.
Calculate grade point average
Before we calculate the whole thing using examples, we would like to explain the basic formula for calculating an average. We assume that each subject or all intermediate grades weigh the same and that there is no weighting of the grades.
That means that we first have to add all the notes together. This results in a total that has been identified in the picture as the “sum of all grades”. We now have to divide this by the number of existing grades and thus get the grade average.
Sample calculations for the grade point average
Let us assume that we in the German department have captured a 4, two 3s, a 1 and two 2s over the course of the half-year and now want to know the average.
So we have to add up the individual notes (4 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2), which adds up to 15. The number of grades is 6. We now divide 15 by 6 and get an average grade of 2.5.
For another example, let's assume that we now want to calculate our intersection of the individual compartments. Let's assume our testimony looks something like this.
Mathematics: 3German: 2Biology: 1Physics: 3English: 1French: 3History: 2Sports: 2Chemistry: 4Religion: 2
3+2+1+3+1+3+2+2+4+2. That would add up to 23. We divide this number again by the number of individual subjects. In our example, 23:10.
This results in an overall grade of 2.3.
This principle can of course be transferred to any calculation of the average and also works perfectly with the current points system. Let's assume that we got 9 points in maths, 7 and 11 points once and a whopping 14 points in oral. If we add this number of points, we get the total 41. Again divided by the number of grades, we would have an average point of 10.25, i.e. a solid 2.
Different weighting in the grade average
As described, it can of course be the case that our individual grades from the respective subject areas are weighted differently. For example, advanced courses are weighted twice in some federal states and theses often count even more.
However, the section can also be calculated very easily here. At best, we have to adapt the formula a little to our new requirements and take the weighting into account.
The principle remains the same when calculating the grade point average. We first add up all the individual grades and then add the grade with double weighting. In this example, double means that we multiply the grade by 2. That means 2 + 3 + 1 + (4). So the sum is 10.
Now we divide this sum again by the number of individual subjects or intermediate grades. It is important, however, that we also count the “double” note twice. This means that there are only four individual grades, but by doubling the exam we are counting on 5 grades.
We divide 10 by 5 and get a grade point average of 2.0.
Note: If the notes are not to be counted twice, but 1.5 times, we simply replace the number in the brackets with this value in the above equation.
- We need all the necessary notes and also a calculator
- Now we add all the grades together and thus get a total
- We then divide this sum by the total number of grades
- ... and then receive our grade point average
- Why is Southern Comfort freezing
- What is an authentic challah bread recipe
- What is a DAW
- Hotspot is an example for ISP
- Are calico cats sterile
- How much does the standard Netflix plan cost
- What is the use of the default constructor
- When and where did feudalism begin
- Mars is the second most important planet
- Play women fantasy football
- How do you crush badminton
- What are the different military marching units
- Dopamine and serotonin are tranquilizers
- How do spacecraft avoid overheating?
- Random writing spurs creativity
- Which dictators fought off CIA coups?
- We have a brushless generator
- How is a typical Jewish father
- Mix milk and water
- Facial scars can be removed
- You Can Make Good Money With Fiverr
- Did the prophet Muhammad ever molest his wives
- Can you recommend books about crime
- What is the English word for Sasar