Is scandium a solid liquid or a gas
Structure of substances - particle model
In solids, the atoms are close together. Each of these atoms is held in place by the surrounding other atoms.
The atoms, however, are not at rest, but carry out vibrations (fidgeting movements) around their place. They cannot leave their place.
In liquids, the atoms are also very close together. But you can easily swap places with each other. Even without outside influence, they are constantly moving around each other. However, they cannot leave the liquid without further ado. Because of the ease with which the atoms can be moved, liquids can be poured, they take on any shape, solid bodies evade when immersed and tend to form a horizontal surface.
In gases, the atoms move at great speed completely independently of one another. They therefore take up every available space. If they hit neighboring atoms, they are thrown in a different direction like billiard balls. This property allows gases to evaporate quickly in free space.
The constant movement in solids, liquids and gases is called Brownian movement.
The English botanist R. Brown (1773-1858) observed the phenomenon that small floating particles in liquids and gases are in constant zigzag motion.
This movement is due to the fact that the atoms or molecules, liquids and gases, themselves carry out irregular movements and collide with other particles from all sides.
If the temperature of the liquids or gases is increased, the speed of the atoms and molecules increases.
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- What is Kalsharpa Yoga in Astrology
- Which construction software does EEE-Engineering use
- What is Messi's greatest asset
- Are you from the middle east
- Why do we have some Muslim porn stars
- When is The Game Changers coming out
- What are some long range sniper rifles
- Why does it say pending on Skype
- What do the teachers want the students to do more?
- Where are Caltrain trains made
- How is neural network and fuzzy logic
- What are your skills talents
- How were the Vikings armed and armored
- A jaguar would eat a leopard
- Walmart is almost bankrupt
- Why does Bobby Axelrod challenge Chuck Rhodes
- Which foods have significant long-term benefits
- What is Vacation Management System and Process
- Why are templates used
- How are the sports at NIT Meghalaya
- The computer hardware deteriorates over time
- What are some souvenirs from India
- Is Ohm's law applicable to arc lamps?
- How does the general reporting standard work