What was the very first email address
Dispute among technology freakswho Has the e-mail invented?
In 1978, Shiva Ayyadurai invented email at the age of 14. Says Shiva Ayyadurai. And that's the starting point for a rather strange argument.
Wikipedia knows best, of course: Ray Tomlinson sent the first electronic letter in 1971 and has been the inventor of mail ever since. But now the Indian Shiva Ayyadurai is also firmly convinced that he invented the mail. In 1978, he was just 14 years old. This point of view would not be dramatic if Ayyadurai did not mess with the Techdirt blog.
The Techdirt people believe that Ray Tomlinson is the first and only inventor of email. And the blog has been fighting the claim that Shiva Ayyadurai is the inventor for years now. The computer scientist no longer wants to sit back and has brought a 15 million dollar defamation lawsuit against Techdirt. With such a fat sum, that can quickly mean the end for the blogger.
"The legal dispute is very dangerous for Techdirt, because the computer scientist Shiva Ayyadurai has good experience in libel suits."
Techdirt isn't the first page Shiva Ayyadurai messes with. A year ago he had attacked the IT portal Gizmodo because they called him a liar and a fraud. The portal then went bankrupt because of a different story, but in a settlement the computer scientist was awarded $ 750,000. "Nonetheless, Techdirt wants to fight to the bitter end," reports DRadio knowledge reporter Andreas Noll, "even if the side goes under financially."
"In our view, this is not a contest over who invented email. It is a contest whether our legal system silences independent publications for publishing opinions that public figures do not like."
The professional world actually agrees that Ayyadurai is by no means one of the fathers of e-mail. Nevertheless: Shiva Ayydurai always manages to bring the story to the public as the "inventor of email". And one of his former teachers, the linguist Noam Chomsky, has already publicly confirmed that his student invented the email However, Ayyadurai only made its claim decades after the alleged invention.
- What topics does AP Calculus BC
- What is Liberty University's relationship with libertarianism
- How do you protect your online identity
- What is a spartan transformation program
- What is the process of iron ore mining
- Can I get EMI on Visa cards
- Why do people fight in real life
- What is the use of oxytocin peptide
- Why do big companies acquire startups
- Is Trumpism a personality cult
- Why can we give goose skin
- Critical thinking requires a negative attitude
- Is it dangerous to listen to music while cycling?
- How are mirrors made
- Are Santa Claus and the elves real?
- What are the best seats on Amtrak
- Posting forums on SEO really works
- What is the most German invention at all
- Can I withdraw from Admob without Adsense
- Who were the sons of Adam?
- Will humans be on Mars by 2020?
- Who created Mahalaxmi
- How do I deal with my explosive anger
- Will autonomous Uber cars be electric?
- What is your unpopular opinion about Pentatonix
- Why am I still waiting
- What are some addicting games
- What causes geographic language
- What is the plural form of sensei
- What do people say about BITKAN
- What makes Japanese orchestral music so unique
- What is the best trekking spot
- How can I get superior hearing protection
- Why do people use microtones