What languages are spoken in Finland
The Finnish language Learn more
More about the languages spoken in Finland
If you hear Finnish for the first time, you will probably not understand a single word, because there are almost no similarities with the German language. Learn more about the languages spoken in Finland and memorize some of the most useful words for your trip.
The Finnish language
Finnish is spoken by around 92% of the population and, like Swedish, is an official language in Finland. Finnish belongs to the Finno-Ugric language family, to which Hungarian also belongs. Nevertheless, representatives of both countries cannot understand each other, as is supposedly assumed. However, it has similarities with Estonian. There are two main dialects in the country, Eastern Finnish and Western Finnish. In addition, Sami, the language of the Sami, is spoken in Lapland.
The Finnish language has a total of 15 cases and is extremely rich in vowels, making it difficult to learn. In addition, there is no grammatical gender, as is usual for Indo-European languages. In linguistic usage, a clear distinction is made between formal written language and colloquial language, which is used almost exclusively in conversations.
Little Finnish language studies
Good afternoon - Päivää
Good morning - Hyvää huomenta
Goodbye - Näkemiin
Bye - Hei Hei / Moi moi / Moikka / Heippa / Morjens / Moro
Sorry - Anteeksi ...
How much does it cost ...? - Paljonko maksaa ...?
left / right / straight ahead - vasen / oikea / suoraan
Thanks! - Kiitos
Many Thanks! - Kiitos paljon / Kiitoksia paljon / Paljon kiitoksia
Here you go! - Olkaa hyvä (when it is used)
Please (ask for something) - ..., kiitos
- How do I register a design?
- What makes Gaussian processes so powerful
- How to Prevent Blisters While Running
- Does immigration increase housing costs?
- Stole his style from Elvis Presley
- What is the body of a company
- Books to improve communication skills
- Can a real vacuum create a universe
- Is HFCL Value Buying
- What is the function of collagen
- What is the GST rate for notebooks
- Which Honda cars are made in Sweden
- Why do people use Google+
- Where are natural resources found
- In which countries is eBay active
- Where does DeWalt come from?
- When did Madonna do Vogue
- Why do passwords have to be strong
- What percentage will be charged upon completion
- What is the Perl thing anyway
- What is the optical input
- Which CAD is necessary for mechanical engineering
- How important are network technicians
- Why is DarkBASIC not developing