Nuclear weapons go bad
What are the consequences of an atomic bomb explosion?
Heat and light: The flash of light that occurs during the explosion is several thousand degrees hot. It leads to fatal burns and eye injuries. The subsequent heat wave ignites all flammable substances and leads to a firestorm.
The blast wave: The explosion creates an unimaginable pressure wave that destroys buildings and injures and kills people.
The radioactive radiation: The explosion releases radioactive rays. You cannot smell, feel or see them. However, they penetrate the body of humans and animals and are also absorbed by plants. The radioactive radiation is distributed over long distances (hundreds or even thousands of kilometers) by winds and is deposited in the ground. The contamination can lead to illnesses resulting in death.
The electromagnetic pulse: The explosion leads to a strong overvoltage in electrical and electronic lines and devices and destroys them. This is similar to a lightning strike, only much more powerful.
The disturbances in the atmosphere: The concentration of ozone in the atmosphere changes. The dust particles whirled up by the atomic explosion darken the sun. That means it's getting colder on earth. This has a great negative impact on all life.
Can you protect yourself against nuclear weapons?
Possible protection depends on how far you are from the location of the explosion and how powerful the bomb was. If you are in the center of the explosion, there is no protection. The further away you are, the easier it is to protect yourself from the heat and pressure waves. However, one cannot escape the rays. There is no effective protection against nuclear weapons. That's why they're so dangerous.
- What's your favorite area in Glasgow
- How does the tunability of a metamaterial work
- What is the Smart Glass Market
- Could there be a gay gang?
- How do I market art
- Change the notification settings for Quora Smart Filters
- How do microprocessors work
- What is Vacation Management System and Process
- What is Chekhov's weapon
- What are some useful uses of hydrogen
- Why has snooker gained popularity in China
- Yoga actually calms your mind
- Regret your unpaid internship
- What is the latest in high street fashion
- Can drive a car on vodka
- Why is all food processed and artificially produced
- Offer solutions for the customer experience
- Goa is a state in India
- How do gamma rays transform into matter
- Accept personal messages
- Is the Honor 20 Pro worth buying
- Which product will attract 0 GST rates
- Which t-shirt is your favorite
- How do you rate an NBA coach