What is a prosthetic arm
Prostheses: what is it?
In simplified terms, a prosthesis consists of a shaft and a functional part. In exoprostheses, the shaft is attached to the body surface, and tools or artificial body parts (e.g. mechanical hand) serve as functional components (fitting parts). With endoprostheses, the shaft of the hip joint is anchored in the bone and the functional parts imitate joint parts (e.g. the joint ball in the hip joint).
Prostheses are made of metal (e.g. titanium), plastic (e.g. polyethylene) and / or ceramics. Metal endoprostheses are no longer made from ferromagnetic (magnetizable) metals. Therefore, wearers of such a metal endoprosthesis can also expose themselves to strong magnetic fields (e.g. during an MRI examination). In the past, however, ferromagnetic metals were also used to manufacture prostheses. People who wear such prostheses may not be able to undergo an MRI scan.
Patients with a prosthesis receive a prosthesis pass in which it is noted which material the prosthesis is made of. This pass also shows where and when the prosthesis was fitted or fitted. In the case of certain examinations or complications (e.g. material incompatibility), this information is important for the attending physician or the orthopedic technician.
- What did Robert E Lee do wrong
- How phone calls are connected
- How do I make hostas healthier
- How different are zombies, vampires and Dracula
- What is the main purpose of IT
- Why doesn't electronic muscle stimulation build muscle?
- Why does clothes get dirty so easily?
- What is your name
- How did Nvidia come about
- Bermuda has its independence
- Where can I park at Pier 39?
- How good is IES
- Why are South Indian film heroes black
- What is the mechanism of epilepsy
- Where did you buy dried fruits
- What is your most memorable experience at work
- Is honey a reducing sugar
- Can people survive without money
- What is Donald Trump's impeachment case
- How could I stop being overly polite?
- Force is an object
- Google will always exist
- Are we really mortal?
- Soldiers joke about dead soldiers