How do I configure Eclipse for Appium
There are many tutorials on how to set up the environment on the Internet, and the methods and tools used vary. Many just talk about the steps of creating it and don't explain what a particular configuration is for, which confuses beginners when setting up the environment.
Let me talk about my own process of setting up an environment in win10:
First, make known the working principle of Appium, otherwise everyone can understand why the environment is built this way and why these tools are needed:
Appium supports IOS, Android and FirefoxOS platforms. Appium uses WebDriver's JSON wire protocol to control the UIAutomation library of the Apple system and the UIAutomator framework of the Android system.
In layman's terms, the code we write is converted into a JSON wire format message via the lib jar package on the client side and sent to Appium Server. Appium Server establishes a session with the mobile phone using the HTTP protocol. Then use UIAutomator to operate the mobile device
So what we need to install or configure is actually very simple:
1. Client lib jar
2. Android SDK
3. Appium Server
Why install the Android SDK, as the Android SDK is required by the Appium operating environment and the JDK must be installed to install the SDK.
So the whole installation process looks like this:
1. Install the Java JDK
There are too many tutorials in the JDK. Just configure the environment variables after installation and install the latest one
2. Install the Android SDK
Environment variables must be configured after installation
Variable name: ANDROID_HOME
Variable value: D: \ android \ android-sdk-windows
Variable value:;% ANDROID_HOME% \ platform-tools;% ANDROID_HOME% \ tools;
3. Install Appium Server
1) Node installation
There are many online tutorials on how to install Node.js, which is confusing. The purpose of installing Node.js is to install npm, a program that automatically installs software from the command line. You can then install the Appium server from the command line. The specific operations are as follows
(1) Download link: https: //nodejs.org/ And install
(2) Check whether the installation was successful: cmd window-enter npm, the installation is successful
If this is unsuccessful, the administrator can try running CMD or restarting the computer
can be run from the command line:
This method is suitable for friends who frequently use command line operations such as Mac or Linux. Beginners are not suitable for referrals. After the installation, the Appium server does not have a graphical user interface.
2) Appium Desktop with GUI installed directly
Just install the latest version without installing Node and Appium Server.
4. Create an Eclipse Maven project
Maven is an automatic build tool that can automatically package, set execution rules, and so on. It's so versatile. If you don't know how to use Maven, let's talk about using Maven in Eclipse.
After creating Maven, add a dependency in pom.xml (the directive that the jar package automatically introduces).
The introduced Selenium Java is the Webdriver client library from Java. Since Appium uses Selenium webdriver to expand the voice, selenium needs to be added. If you use other languages, please see the official example on Github: https: //github.com/appium/sample-code/tree/master/sample-code/examples
At this point the environment was set up.
5. The first test example
- Is Chrome accelerated for Android hardware
- What is a Quora Audience
- Which is more simply CS or IT
- How important is posture when sitting
- How should the Valsalva Manuever feel?
- Why does New York have water towers
- Convince the UFO sightings in Phoenix
- What are more family habits
- Why does Memphis have two mayors
- Do the Israelis support Iran
- All living organisms grow in size
- Benefits of converting PSD to HTML 1
- How much does it cost to cash a check
- Can meditation relieve back pain
- Why weren't the Byzantines Roman?
- What is not a user first website
- A bachelor's degree is good
- What does lame mean?
- What is 13 3 4 2
- French monolinguals think in English
- Can you differentiate between chemistry and applied chemistry
- How does Penicillium Notatum kill bacteria
- How do I knock seals together effectively
- Is BYJU's GRE course good