What times do you avoid shopping
Zero waste: this is how sustainable shopping works
Anyone who wants to shop according to the zero waste method in the future will quickly find out that this is not as easy as expected. With these seven simple measures you can save waste in a targeted manner.
1. Less is more
A number of types of fruit and vegetables can be inserted completely unpacked, as they already have "natural packaging". For other foods, you can make sure that they are packed as little as possible, preferably in environmentally friendly packaging.
2. Environmentally friendly from A to B
Paper bags or bioplastics are not the best choice to carry home shopping. Even if they have a better image than plastic bags, they are only partially a more environmentally friendly alternative. The consumption of so-called “shirt bags” for fruit and vegetables, which will not be banned in 2022, has also risen sharply. As an alternative, many supermarkets and discounters offer reusable nets made from recycled cotton. But also self-sewn cloth bags, jute bags or polyester bags are ideal for transport.
3. Shopping sustainably
Organic shops, farm shops and weekly markets are a good place to go when buying unpackaged goods. In most of the larger cities there are also "unpackaged stores" that generally do without disposable packaging. Here, for example, pasta or muesli are offered as loose goods. Even if these shops cannot work completely free of packaging, you can save a lot of waste in this way.
4. With your own lunch box to the fresh produce counter?
In supermarkets there is always a discussion about whether you can bring your own reusable containers with you when you go shopping. Basically, customers should know that strict hygiene regulations apply, especially at meat counters, and that it should actually be taboo to use foreign materials there. Before shopping, you should find out from your dealer whether this is possible. There is no entitlement to it. Many shops now offer this option and use trays, for example, so that the staff does not have to touch the containers they have brought with them.
5. Prefer tap water
Because drinking water is more strictly controlled than mineral water, one can assume that tap water in Germany is of high quality. So if you use your own tap, you avoid unnecessary packaging and don't have to lug heavy boxes. If you don't want to do without soda, you can buy a soda maker.
6. Reusable system for milk and Co.
There are reusable systems for milk and dairy products in many regions, for example when buying in farm shops. This is sustainable and saves a lot of packaging waste.
7. Detergents and cosmetics to refill
Many drugstores now offer filling stations for detergents or cleaning agents. If this is not the case, there are refill packs for many products, such as hand washing soap in supermarkets, which at least reduce waste.
- What is a dangerous low oxygen level
- What are medical applications of virtual reality
- Buckles a beam
- How do I read old Snapchats
- Where do you get fresh apple cider from
- What is the cost price of the iPhone
- Why did other civilizations not build pyramids?
- Is Tableau only for visualization
- What is the difference between Koeter and Rasse
- Is paracetamol polar or non-polar
- How do I do social marketing
- How do I rate the motorway noise 1
- Are lamb burgers healthy
- How can I stop drawing in class?
- How can one interact with human behavior
- How do you get to explore on Instagram
- How many GB does a graphics card have
- How powerful is the Kingdom of Jordan
- Is anhedonia permanent
- Is healthy ice cream good for you?
- How do I change pages in Wordpress
- Why do we need quantum computers
- Kopi Luwak real or not
- Are vertical blinds safe for cats?