What are exterior tiles made of
Unglazed technical porcelain stoneware from some manufacturers even has values of up to 0.03% water absorption. If you consider that glass plates have a water absorption of around 0.02%, such a value explains why “glazing” is used in the manufacture of the material. Since standardization has not been able to keep pace with technical progress and this new development probably only with the one yet to be adopted ISO standard 13006 ceramic tiles Takes into account, "porcelain stoneware" remains a trade name until then, which one searches in vain in normative terms and definitions.
Incidentally, even with through-colored porcelain stoneware it does not have to be tiles and slabs that consist of the full thickness of the material that indicates the surface. On the contrary, the "full body" porcelain stoneware is on the decline because of the higher raw material costs, since digital printing technology has made it possible to print almost any decor. These tiles and slabs can even be called solid-colored unglazed porcelain stoneware if they have a sand glaze on the surface and consist of two different shards lying on top of each other (a thin, high-quality and texturizing top and an inexpensive monochrome bottom).
While most surface structures are created using stamps during pressing, polished porcelain stoneware is subsequently created by grinding the surface. In contrast to natural stone, where polishing tends to close pores, fine caverns can be opened with fine stoneware if the polishing process penetrates too deeply into the sintered layer; Impregnation of the polished material is therefore always advisable.
Because of its technical properties, including frost resistance, porcelain stoneware is suitable for almost all indoor and outdoor applications, whether as floor, wall and stair covering or as facade cladding.
Expertise on the subject
Classification of ceramic tiles according to the standard
Ceramic products are molded from natural clay raw materials at low temperature and then put in a ...
For floor coverings or facade materials that are used outdoors, in our climatic conditions the ...
Manufacture of ceramic tiles
Ceramic products include slabs and tiles, i.e. building materials that are used for flooring and cladding ...
In contrast to earthenware, stoneware consists of fine ceramics and is dry-pressed and fired at 1,150 to 1,300 ° C. The...
Buildings on the subject
Sports / leisure
Geusseltbad in Maastricht
While numerous swimming pools in this country are closing because the municipalities lack money, the Netherlands are treading others ...
Culture / education
Culture and creative center in Genk
In Winterslag, a district of the Belgian city of Genk, hard coal was mined until the 1980s. Several...
Sports / leisure
Finckensteinallee swimming pool in Berlin
Buildings from the time of National Socialism are still exciting. In particular, buildings used for military purposes are considered ...
Baunetz Wissen tiles and slabs sponsored by:
- Is Pinterest not for kids
- Where brick paving is laid
- Which technologies will revolutionize electric cars?
- What is meant by phrase
- Like boys fat girls 1
- What is calcium hydroxide used for?
- What are your most frequently used shortcuts
- There is no credit card background check
- How does corporate fundraising help my company?
- How does Penicillium Notatum kill bacteria
- Why does Portugal have such big waves
- Macbeth was a tragic figure
- Has Sling TV live TV service
- OYO Hotels can allow two men
- What causes a red night sky
- What's the worst greek food to try
- Can I get a text message online?
- Why can't we erase our memories
- What does risk premium mean when investing
- Do I have to pay social security
- What can I wear in college orientation
- What is the mode of nutrition of the plants
- Can you touch the face of god
- Where's Armagh