When was James Potter born
James Potter was a black-haired, thin man. He was married to Lily Potter and was Harry's father.
During his school days at Hogwarts, the Gryffindor student spent time with his three friends Sirius Black, Remus Lupine and Peter Pettigrew. Since Lupine was a werewolf, James, Sirius, and Peter turned into Animagi in their fifth year. James became a stag and was nicknamed the Crown. The four friends have been widely referred to as the forerunners of the Weasley twins Fred and George, and while at Hogwarts, the four developed the Marauder's Map, which shows all of Hogwarts Castle, including the secret passages and all residents of the castle; except for the Room of Desires.
James, like Harry later, was an excellent seeker of the Gryffindor team and as such was extremely popular with his classmates and teachers. His biggest enemy in his school days was Severus Snape, with whom James often played jokes. For example, he hangs Snape in the air when Sirius is bored shortly after the OWL exam. Then he was scolded by Lily, which obviously didn't seem indifferent to him. However, James once saved Snape's life when he tries to follow Lupine into the Howling Shack, while the latter is being hidden there as a werewolf. James brings Snape back through the tunnel, which Snape could never fully forgive him.
After finishing school, James marries Lily Evans after the two began dating in their seventh year together. Sirius is the best man of the two and, after Harry was born, also his godfather.
Lily and James join the Order of the Phoenix together when Dumbledore founded it and stand up to Lord Voldemort three times. The Potters had to hide from Voldemort and placed themselves under the protection of the Fidelius Charm, which causes their house to be undetectable as long as you have not found out its whereabouts from the secret keeper. As such, on Sirius' advice, Lily and James chose Peter Pettigrew. However, when Peter revealed the whereabouts of the Potter house in Godric’s Hollow to the Dark Lord, Lily and James were killed by Lord Voldemort while Harry survived. Their house was totally destroyed and the two were buried in the cemetery in Godric’s Hollow. The destroyed house was left in this state and serves as a memorial to the cruel crime.
HP1, p. 62, "The keeper of the keys"
The name James comes from Hebrew and means God may protect. James is the English name for Jacob.
- What does 9 00 PM GMT mean
- Chased big cats for something
- Be able to share your Quora 2019 stats
- Slow down pianists as they age
- What is special about the city of Leicester
- What do wider tree rings mean
- Why do we use virtualization
- What's on your TV right now
- Versailles was a French territory
- Which NITs have very good placement records
- Does WoW Classic have a subscription fee
- How does WebMedic help my company
- The use of hand disinfectants is toxic
- Where are the birds of paradise
- What does XVII mean in Roman numerals
- Can we buy iPhone headphones separately
- How can I learn to use CherryPy
- What is the best place in Saudia
- Is the ICSE tougher than the IGCSE
- Which technology is close to aerospace engineering?
- When does the vagina open at what age
- Who would win Tobi or Obito?
- How to prove cos X cos X.
- What is the day of the doctor