Being close to magnets can discharge a battery
Magnetic accessories may affect iPhone cameras
Internal magnets in some iPhone accessories create magnetic fields that can affect the cameras on the back of the iPhone. Here's how to avoid these disruptions.
The cameras in the iPhone take excellent photos even in difficult conditions. If you accidentally move a camera while taking a photo, the resulting photo may be blurry. To prevent this, some iPhone models are equipped with optical image stabilization (OIS).1 OIS allows you to take clear photos even if you accidentally move the camera. In addition, some iPhone models have closed-loop autofocus (AF).2 Closed-loop AF counteracts the effects of gravity and vibrations so that still images, videos and panoramic shots are kept sharp focus.
With OIS technology, a gyroscope determines whether the camera has been moved. The lens moves according to the angle of the gyroscope to reduce image movement and the resulting blurring. With closed-loop AF, integrated acceleration sensors measure and compensate for the effects of gravity and vibrations. Magnetic field sensors determine the position of the lens so that the compensating movement can be precisely determined.
A strong magnetic field can interfere with OIS and closed-loop AF
Lens position sensors respond to magnetic fields. If you place a magnet close to these sensors, the sensors will be disturbed or temporarily deactivated by the magnetic field. This can affect the accuracy of the sensors and limit the range of motion of the lenses. The camera continues to take photos using other stabilization methods, but without the benefits of OIS and closed-loop AF.
Avoid magnetic interference
Third party manufacturers produce some accessories with strong magnets or magnetizable metal plates that are located near the iPhone's rear camera (s). These magnets and panels can be used to lock folio covers, connect separable sleeves, or attach to rigid holders such as car holders. To ensure the best possible camera performance, do not use accessories with magnets or magnetic metal near the iPhone's rear camera (s).
If the camera still does not work
- OIS is available for iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus , iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus. Note that the ultra wide camera on the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max does not have an OIS, and neither does the telephoto camera on the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Closed-loop AF is available for iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.
Information relating to non-Apple products or independent websites that are not controlled or audited by Apple is not a recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- Xbox 360 controllers are bluetooth
- Are Facebook and Instagram time consuming factors
- What is group socialization
- Vegetables How should I cook Collard Greens
- How are flying cars regulated
- Dynamic programming can be connected in parallel
- Cats know when they are pregnant
- Why do people want to survive
- Are the North Carolina beaches safe?
- What do you mean by junk jewelry
- What goes with a purple sweater
- How was Groenland formed?
- How do habits affect personal growth
- What are the railway concessions
- Where can I design custom clothing
- What is a real estate bond
- What is the second smallest prime number
- Is cholesterol polar or non-polar
- How do you pronounce the name Aiden
- What are some very dangerous microbes
- Helps CLAT in a BBA
- Which is better Android or iOS
- How much more bandwidth does HTTPS use
- What are the most amazing moments in school
- Did OkCupid work well for you
- Do you enjoy being a risk manager?
- Does it actually work to be cryogenically frozen?
- How can we see the shadow of the black holes
- You can deadlift with dumbbells
- You can take meloxicam and tramadol together
- What celebrities appear in anti-smoking commercials
- Can you recommend books about crime
- What is revealing negligent parenting
- Where is Leonese spoken?