How good Thailand is for tourists
Entry requirements Thailand
German tourists do not need a visa for up to 30 days
In order to travel to the Kingdom of Thailand, foreign visitors generally need an entry visa in accordance with Thailand's entry regulations. However, there is an exception to this rule for tourists from the following countries:
- Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Canada, Qatar, Kuwait, Laos, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Monaco , Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Austria, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Czech Republic, Turkey, USA, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
You are exempted from the Thailand tourist visa or a bilateral agreement on visa exemption applies if you are staying in the Southeast Asian Kingdom for a limited period of time:
- up to a maximum of 30 days when arriving by plane via an international airport
- up to a maximum of 15 days for entry by land (land entry) or water (sea route)
- for Germans: 30 days regardless of the type of entry.
Citizens of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and South Korea are allowed to visit tourists for up to 90 days without a visa.
The prerequisite for entry without a visa is that travelers have a confirmed ticket for the return or onward journey. Holders of stand-by tickets generally require a visa.
To enter the country without a visa, the arrival and departure cards must be completed. These are usually handed out on the plane or, alternatively, are available at the border. Travelers without a visa are obliged to observe the departure date entered in their passport upon arrival. Delayed departure is a criminal offense.
All travelers, d. H. Children also need a passport (child's passport) or a temporary passport with a validity of at least 6 months when entering Thailand (in the case of multiple entries at least 12 months for the first entry). Other documents are not permitted. The passport requirement applies regardless of the visa requirement and exemption.
Exceptions when applying for a visa
For citizens of the following countries, exemption clauses apply when applying for a visa for Thailand - especially for the documents to be submitted. Applicant out
- Afghanistan, Egypt, Algeria, Equal Guinea, Bangladesh, China, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Sri Lanka
- 4 visa applications
- 4 passport photos
- 4 copies of the flight confirmation
- 4 copies of the registration certificate
- 4 copies of the residence permit
- 4 certificates of employment from the current employer
- 4 account statements showing a minimum credit of 4,000 euros
- 4 x hotel booking (s) with address (es) that cover the entire stay in Thailand
- 4 copies of the marriage certificate if a marriage was concluded with a German citizen
Important note for Syrian passport holders: Such applicants can apply for the Thailand visa only personally apply at the Thai consulate. However, we are happy to offer you on request to collect your visa from the consulate after it has been issued and to send it to you by post.
Children traveling alone must have a written, officially certified declaration of consent from their legal guardian. For details on the formalities of the letter, please contact the Thai embassy.
Visa on arrival
Citizens of the following countries can obtain a visa on arrival for tourist purposes:
Bhutan, China, Estonia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Maldives, Mauritius, Oman, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Cyprus.
Entry requirements Thailand: "Visa check":
You are generally required to have a visa if you:
- come from a country not listed above or
- are planning a stay in Thailand longer than 15 or 30 days or
- pursue a non-tourist travel intention (this includes, for example, starting work, business trips, school or student training) or
- are not in possession of a valid return or onward travel ticket.
The authorities differentiate between several types of visas: tourist visas, non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas.
The visa application must be submitted to a consular mission of the Kingdom of Thailand before departure. In Germany, the Thai embassy in Berlin and the Thai consulates general in Dresden, Essen, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Munich and Stuttgart are responsible for issuing visas. Applications are by mail Not possible. Applicants have the option of applying for the fee-based visa for Thailand in person or having it procured through a third party. As a visa service, we are happy to take over communication with the consulate for you.
The required application documents vary depending on the travel intention - i. H. the requested visa category - as well as the nationality of the traveler and the responsible consulate. Non-German applicants residing in Germany require an official residence permit or registration certificate.
People who live or have traveled in yellow fever areas need an international health certificate to apply for a Thai visa.
More information about the Entry requirements Thailand as well as travel and safety information can be found on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the completeness and correctness of the above information. Short-term changes to the entry requirements for Thailand are possible without our being aware of them. For binding information, please contact the Thai diplomatic mission directly.
- How do you strategize with segmentation data
- A bachelor's degree is good
- How do celebrities behave in hotels
- What is time-of-flight technology
- Is DevOps a tool or a process
- Is C DAC in Mumbai
- How is the Swedish economy
- Can date a psychopath and sociopath
- Your daughter wears strings
- Can I change my DTH plan?
- What are the benefits of the Facebook marketplace
- What do you order from Peets Coffee
- What are the best organic baby products
- Adolf Hitler was a house painter
- Is CBD a tetrahydrocannabinol
- Is salmonella a problem during pregnancy?
- How is LIC's Jeevan Chhaya policy
- How was the movie Pizza 2005 received
- What are the NBA draft rules
- Why poor people buy lottery tickets
- Where can tapered roller bearings be used
- What do people use web scraping for
- What's your favorite Rihanna song
- What is a nuclear winter