What is the best penetration testing tool
Penetration test: how to find the weak points in your network
Homogeneous mainframe structures are a thing of the past. Today's decentralized IT structures - additionally reinforced by the direct connection of partners and customers via the Internet - provide new ones every day Vulnerabilities and malfunctions, which software manufacturers fix sometimes faster, sometimes more slowly. For some programs, support is even completely discontinued, which is why you can only be on the safe side by not using them. Firewalls and anti-virus scanners make it possible to protect many vulnerabilities from external attacks, but new holes can quickly reverse this situation. Security scanners are also a useful tool, but ultimately not sufficient for complex networked systems.
This is where a penetration test shows its strengths: On the one hand, it goes much further when checking the systems in detail than a normal security check, on the other hand, the elementary objective of such a test is to check the interaction of the individual components. If you bring in an external tester for the pen test, you also get an additional opinion and one different view of the underlying security concept. Professional penetration testers are specially trained and proceed in a similar way as an attacker would. The results often reveal weaknesses in your network that you would otherwise probably never have discovered.
Working with an external tester does, however, involve a certain amount of risk. You have to assume that the same will happen during the execution Insight into internals gets. Furthermore, there is always the possibility that the penetration test causes damage that you can no longer fix afterwards - even if you carry out the test in person. In addition, compared to other security measures that run around the clock in the background, the pen tests have the disadvantage that they just a snapshot Of your network systems. For this reason, you should never use a security structure that has been optimized on the basis of a penetration test as an opportunity to forego common defense measures.
Incidentally, so-called social engineering is not one of the risks that a classic penetration test checks. However, many service providers offer the review of these human security gaps in companies, including special training, as an option. You can find more information on this topic in the following guide.
- Why do people like cheese
- What is the requirement to use Jenkins
- How to tell the truth in Indonesian
- How does myelination develop in the course of life
- Is paper an inelastic good?
- What are the outbound links in SEO
- How do I update micromax canvas a117
- What is Hunan beef
- What is golfer's elbow
- What do you do to be happy
- Is gender a political ideology
- Which is not a symbol of peace
- What are some ideas about online jobs
- How short was the shortest Greek god
- How are drugs developed and approved?
- Does caffeine affect the taste
- How reliable is the Facebook chart search
- What is 111 111
- Are you feeling creative right now?
- How does the sending of emails work?
- How did humans create the God thing
- Is Saudi Arabia facing a political crisis?
- The use of hand disinfectants is toxic
- Where brick paving is laid